Agriculture is composed of five specialized branches. The five branches are:
- Agronomy; Agronomy deals with soil management and the growing of crops.
- Horticulture; Horticulture deals with the cultivation of fruits, vegetables, and ornamental crops.
- Agricultural Engineering; Agricultural engineering involves knowledge of farm machines and equipment. It also deals with developing new systems and practices to address problems facing agriculture.
- Agricultural Economics; Agricultural Economics deals with the business end of farming.
- Animal Science; Animal Science is basically the breeding and caring of animal for specific purposes, such as for their meat, milk and/or fur.